Setting up the Wiring Closet
Be aware of the following recommendations for your wiring closet:
- Make sure that your system is
easily accessible for installation and service. See Rack Specifications and Recommendations for more information.
- Use appropriate AC or DC power, power distribution, and
grounding for your specific installation.
- Use a vinyl floor covering in your wiring closet.
(Concrete floors accumulate dust, and carpets can cause static
- Prevent unauthorized access to wiring closets by providing
door locks. Install the equipment in a secured, enclosed, and restricted
access location, ensuring that only qualified service personnel have access
to the equipment.
- Provide adequate overhead lighting for easy
- Be sure that each wiring closet has a suitable ground. All
equipment racks and equipment installed in the closet should be grounded.
- Be sure that all system environmental requirements are
met, such as ambient temperature and humidity.
We recommend that you consult an electrical contractor for
commercial building and wiring specifications.