Install the Access Point on a Wall Using the ACC-BKT-AX-WP-EXT Accessory
Use the ACC-BKT-AX-WP-EXT accessory with the in-box stainless-steel mounting bracket for solid wall installations, where the system cables protrude from the wall. The -EXT accessory provides an extension up to 20 mm to place the cables.
Before you begin
- One AP302W access point
- One in-box wall plate stainless-steel bracket
- Two pan head M3.5×38 mm long screws for solid wall or anchor attachment
- Two 25 mm long white plastic screw-in anchors
- One ACC-BKT-AX-WP-EXT accessory
- Four Phillips washer pan head M2.5×7 mm long screws to attach the extension to the wall plate bracket
- One flat head T8 security torx M2.5×6.5 mm long locking screw
About this task
- Use the WS-CAB-RJ45-FLT01 RJ45 cable and have LAN security.
- Use the smaller RJ45 flat cable that ships with the access point and don't have LAN removal security.
Using the stainless-steel mounting bracket as a template, mark and drill
two mounting holes on the wall.
Step 2 is applicable only if you use the WS-CAB-RJ45-FLT01 cable. If you use the smaller RJ45 flat cable that is shipped with the access point, move on to Step 3.
Prepare the -EXT accessory for use with WS-CAB-RJ45-FLT01 cable.
NoteThere are break-out tabs on the short sides of the -EXT accessory. The break-out tabs are used to bring in the cables that are outside the wall. Using the break-out tabs will ensure that the system cable is secured from being removed.
- To access the break-out tabs, use a wire cutter to cut the break-out tabs on the -EXT accessory. You can use either the single break-out tab on one side of the accessory or the double break-out tabs on the other short side of the accessory.
- Route the system cable through the cut out on the -EXT accessory before you attach the stainless-steel bracket to the -EXT accessory.
- Attach the system cable to the WS-CAB-RJ45-FLT01 RJ45 receptacle.
- Attach the wall plate bracket to the extension accessory using four Phillips washer pan head M2.5×7 mm long screws.
Attach the WS-CAB-RJ45-FLT01
RJ45 cable to the ETH0 port on the access point.
For the smaller RJ45 flat cable that comes with the access point, attach the cable to the rear ports on the access point.
Align the stainless-steel
mounting bracket to the drilled holes and attach the bracket to the wall
using the pan head M3.5×38 mm long screws.
Use screw-in anchors for drywall mounting.
Step 6 is applicable only if you use the smaller RJ45 flat cable.
Connect the system cable to the pass through port located in the user port
For information about user ports access section, see AP302W bottom plug-in ports.
- Align the access point back slots with the stainless-steel bracket access point holding tabs, and then slide the access point onto the bracket until it is fully seated in place.
- Using a security torx T-8 or a VT-8 screw, secure the bracket locking tab for physical security.