Install the Access Point on a Desk Stand
Install the access point on a desk stand using the DSKSTD accessory.
Before you begin
Hardware required for desk installation:
- One AP302W access point
- One ACC-BKT-AX-WP-DSKSTD accessory
- One flat head T8 security torx M2.5×6.5 mm long locking screw
- Two Phillips flat head M3.5×12 mm long self-tapping wood screws, if you want to fix the desk stand in place
NoteProvide your own torx screwdriver.
About this task
Use the desk stand accessory to install the access point to a desk.
NoteThe desk stand accessory must be purchased separately. For order information, see Access Point and Accessory Box Contents and Order Information.
Place the desk stand on the installation surface.
- If desired, attach the desk stand to the installation surface using two Phillips flat head M3.5×12 mm long self-tapping wood screws.
Line up the access point on the
mounting tabs of the desk stand.
- Slide the access point on the desk stand until it is fully seated and lock it in place.
Attach the security locking tab screw to the security locking tab on the desk
stand, and lock the access point in place.
- Route the RJ45 cable through the plastic clip on the desk stand.
- Insert the RJ45 cable into the pass through port on the access point.