Install the Access Point on a EU Model Junction Box Using the ACC-BKT-AX-WP-EXT Accessory
Before you begin
- One AP302W access point
- One stainless-steel wall plate bracket
- One ACC-BKT-AX-WP-EXT accessory
- Four Phillips washer pan head M2.5×7 mm long screws to attach the extension to the wall plate bracket
- Two Phillips pan head M3.5×38 mm long screws for wall plate bracket mounting
- Two Phillips flat head 6–32×35 mm long screws for junction box attachment
- One flat head T8 security torx M2.5×6.5 mm long locking screw
- One 100 mm RJ45 cable (not including connectors), CAT.5E flat LAN cable
About this task
NoteYou must purchase the -EXT extension accessory separately.
Using the stainless-steel mounting bracket as a template, mark and drill
two mounting holes around the junction box faceplate.
The mounting holes must be located above and below the junction box face plate.
Attach the wall plate
bracket to the extension accessory using four Phillips washer pan head
M2.5×7 mm long screws.
- Attach one end of the Ethernet cable or the RJ45 cable in to the junction box.
Line up the wall plate
bracket large hole against the junction box face plate and run the other end
of the RJ45 cable through the wall plate bracket hole.
- Using the aligned holes, attach the bracket with the extension accessory around the junction box using the 6-32×35 mm long screws included with the -EXT bracket.
Connect the Ethernet cable or the RJ45 flat cable to the access
- Align the access point back slots with the stainless-steel bracket access point holding tabs, and then slide the access point onto the bracket until it is fully seated in place.
Using a security torx T-8 or a VT-8 screw, secure the bracket locking tab
for physical security.