Power Supply Requirements
Follow these recommendations when you plan power supply connections for your
- Place the equipment in an area that accommodates the power
consumption and component heat dissipation specifications.
- Be sure that your power supply meets the site DC power or AC
power requirements of the network equipment.
- When you connect power to installed equipment, do not make this
connection through an extension cord or power strip.
- If your switch includes more than one power supply, connect
each power supply to a different, independent power source.
If a power source fails, it will affect only the switch power
supply to which it is connected. If all switch power supplies are connected to a
single power source, the entire switch is vulnerable to a power source
- In regions that are susceptible to electrical storms, we
recommend that you plug your system into a surge suppressor.
For detailed power specifications for your equipment, see the "ExtremeSwitching SLX 9150
Technical Specifications" section.