Considerations Before Installing
Consider the following items before you install equipment.
- For equipment designed to operate in a typical Telco environment
that is environmentally controlled, choose a site that has the following
- Temperature-controlled and
humidity-controlled, such that the maximum ambient room temperature shall
not exceed 50°C (122ºF).
- Clean and free from airborne materials that can conduct
- Well ventilated and away from sources of heat including
- Away from sources of vibration or physical shock.
- Isolated from strong electromagnetic fields produced by
- For equipment designed to be installed in environments that are
not environmentally controlled, such as outdoor enclosures, see the product data
sheet or for environmental conditions, temperature, and humidity.
- Establish at least 3 inches clearance on all sides for effective
ventilation. Do not obstruct the air intake vent on the front, side, or rear
ventilation grills. Locate the system away from heat sources.
- Make sure that your equipment is placed in an area that
accommodates the power consumption and component heat dissipation
- Make sure that your power supplies meet the site DC power or AC
power requirements of all the network equipment.
- Racks for Extreme Networks equipment must be permanently
attached to the floor. Failure to stabilize the rack can cause the rack to tip over
when the equipment is removed for servicing.
- Do not operate the system unless all modules, faceplates, front
covers, and rear covers are in place. Blank faceplates and cover panels are required
for the following functions:
- Preventing exposure to hazardous voltages and currents
inside the equipment
- Containing electromagnetic interference (EMI) that might
disrupt other equipment
- Directing the flow of cooling air through the
- Ultimate disposal of this product should be handled according to
all national laws and regulations.