ExtremeXOS Applications Environment
ExtremeXOS 16.2 introduces an environment that allows management applications, controllable through a web interface, to communicate directly with other switch management applications.
Applications are management software modules that manage, configure, or monitor specific functions within a switch. The applications leverage existing ExtremeXOS capabilities and protocols to simplify complex tasks. You may download applications to a switch independently from an ExtremeXOS release (see ezServiceablity (File Upload/Download)).
The HTTP interface is now a Python application based on CherryPy (3.7.0). This environment includes the following previously available interfaces:
- Web interface (Chalet)
- SOAP/XML interface
Additionally, the following new capabilities have been introduced with ExtremeXOS 16.2:
- Service applications.
- File upload/download (see ezServiceablity (File Upload/Download))
- JSONRPC—provides a management automation interface (http://www.jsonrpc.org/specification). The
JSONRPC implementation supports two methods:
- CLI method—issues CLI commands to ExtremeXOS show commands and returns JSON data instead of formatted CLI data.
- Python method—allows the remote system to send inline Python scripts to run on a switch. You can use inline Python scripting to perform complex tasks not available using the ExtremeXOS CLI.
- Configuration applications.
- Application manager—provides the ability to dynamically add management applications at run time. Applications may be developed independently from the ExtremeXOS release cycle.
- ezMLAG—works with Chalet web screens and peer switches. It can communicate with peer switches to perform the complex task of setting up and maintaining MLAG configurations.
- VXLAN—works with Chalet to manage VXLAN configuration coordination across multiple switches.
- Summit X430, X440, X450-G2, X460, X460-G2, X480, X670, X670-G2, X770 series switches
- BlackDiamond X8 and 8000 series switches
- E4G-200 and E4G-400 cell site routers