ezServiceablity (File Upload/Download)
ezServiceablity is a web application that enables you to upload and download files to and from a switch instead of setting up a separate TFTP server. You can use this feature to push a new ExtremeXOS image to a switch directly when upgrading.
- The app/file/<path> URL provides the ability to send, retrieve, or delete files
on a switch. The <path> parameter
accepts the ExtremeXOS paths:
- /usr/local/ext—Files located on a USB memory stick, if present.
The allowed file extensions for <path> are: pol, cfg, xsf, py, pkt, and xml.
- The app/file/cfg
URL is a shortcut for files in the /usr/local/cfg directory. For example, http://<ip>/app/file/usr/local/cfg/myfile.py is equivalent to http://<ip>/app/file/cfg/myfile.py. Upgrading a switch with a new ExtremeXOS image is covered using the app/upload interface. Use this interface in concert with the app/filelist, which provides the following capabilities:
- Obtain the list of files on the switch.
- Determine which file operations are supported for each file.
- Sending policy, script, or config files to a switch directly from a web browser.
- Retrieving files from a switch directly to a web browser, such as configuration files.
- Retrieving/editing/returning files to a switch (provides a user-friendly way of editing files).
- Deleting files on a switch.