TPVM Complete Package Upgrade
The TPVM upgrade activity upgrades the device‘s TPVM image, where a TPVM is installed and
running an EFA instance which is managing the device. After the TPVM image is updated, an EFA
instance gets reinstalled with the same EFA version as before and rejoined with the active EFA instance.
Assumptions and Limitations
- EFA supports SLX-OS 20.3.2a and later. The TPVM upgrade has SLX-OS dependencies
for the new SLX tpvm
upgrade and tpvm revert
commands, and the TPVM configurations being persisted in the SLX
- EFA does not support TPVM upgrade on a single-node TPVM deployment.
- TPVM can be deployed on multiple
high-availability (HA) nodes, but you can upgrade TPVM only on the standby TPVM
- TPVM upgrade is allowed only on
the EFA HA nodes that are managing the devices hosting the EFA HA instances.
- The EFA version is reinstalled and remains the same after the TPVM upgrade. An EFA version upgrade must not be performed during the TPVM upgrade. The EFA
version upgrade must be done before or after the TPVM upgrade has been performed
on both HA nodes as part of the normal EFA upgrade deployment.
- Only one device‘s TPVM can be upgraded at a time.