Mechanical Recommendations for the Rack
Use equipment racks that meet the following mechanical recommendations:
- Use an open style, 19-inch rack to facilitate easy maintenance and to provide proper ventilation.
- Use a rack made of steel or aluminum.
- The rack should use the universal mounting rail hole pattern that is identified in IEC Standard 297.
- The rack should have designated earth grounding connections (typically on the base).
- The rack must meet earthquake safety requirements equal to that of the installed chassis.
- The mounting holes should be flush with the rails to accommodate the chassis.
- The rack should support approximately 270 kg (600 lb).