Install the Access Point to a Flat Surface Using the KT-147407-02 Flat Part, 1-axis Tilt Part, and the KT- 150173-01 Extension Arm
Before you begin
The KT-150173-01 extension arm is used to install the access point on a flat surface, away from any obstruction and to get a stronger antenna signal. For installations that require an extension arm, the access point can be attached to a flat surface using the KT-147407-02 bracket parts and the KT-150173-01 extension arm, or can be installed by only using the KT-150173-01 extension arm.
The following hardware is required for installation:
- KT-147407-02 flat part
- KT-147407-02 1-axis tilt part
- KT-150173-01 extension arm
- Access point
- Ten M6 hex-head screws
- Two M6 hex-head screws to attach the flat part to the access point
- Four M6 hex-head screws to attach the 1-axis tilt part to the flat part
- Four M6 hex-head screws to attach the KT-150173-01 extension arm to a flat surface
- Two hex-head M12 stainless-steel screws and nuts
- Using two M6 screws, attach the KT-147407-02 flat part to the access point.
- Place the KT-147407-02 flat part inside the 1-axis tilt part, and attach it using four M6 screws.
Using the KT-150173-01 extension arm as a template, mark four hole centers on a
The holes must be within the semi-circular cuts of the extension arm.
Using two hex-head M12
stainless-steel screws and two M12 hex-head stainless-steel nuts, attach one end
of the KT-150173-01 extension arm to the 1-axis tilt part.
The screws and nuts are fastened through the two large circular holes on the KT-150173- 01 extension arm.
Using four M6 hex-head screws,
attach the KT-150173-01 extension arm to a flat surface.
TipThe best practice is to use screw-in anchors with the M6 screws on a wood surface, and concrete anchors on a concrete surface.