switches provide a script called clone.py
that allows you to clone one switch's setup to another switch in the
script copies the following:
- All content under:
- (optionally) /usr/local/cfg
- Specific NVRAM contents:
- Boot selector
- CLI banner
- Failsafe username,password, and action
- Cloning to a standalone switch using a
stacking master as the source does not make the standalone switch a stacking master. The
configuration cloned from a stacking master to the standalone switch is ignored by the
- ONIE to non-ONIE or non-ONIE
to ONIE cloning cannot be performed.
- Clone application does not connect through VR-USER.
- If the clone primary is started and
stopped, the configuration dirty bit is set.
Cloning is supported on all ExtremeSwitching Universal platforms.