Assisted Replication Limitations
In addition to restrictions imposed by VXLAN (or EVPN), the following are
- Mixed replicator/leaf
functionality. A switch can be configured as a replicator or a leaf for all virtual
network identifiers (VNI).
- Assisted replication control
plane (as defined in draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir).
- Local attachment (access
interface) for VNI on the replicators when there is more than one active
replicator per VNI.
- Mixing assisted replication with
head-end replication per VNI.
- Assisted replication when not
used in an EVPN or VXLAN topology.
- Combining assisted replication
with IGMP/MLD snooping on the tenant VLAN, or PIM on the tenant VLAN.
- Without the control plane, a
replicator must assume all other end-points are leafs.
- Stacks that do not support VXLAN
are not supported.
- Only a single replicator per VNI
- The replicator can support a
maximum of 250 attached leaf nodes.