Considerations for Importing a Fabric
If the Fabric database file is available on the server where EFA is running, then you
can import the file by providing the local file path. In this case, you do not need
to provide the server IP address and credentials.
If the Fabric database file is available on the TPVM, then provide the database file
path on the TPVM (for example, /var/efa/efa.db). In this case,
provide the TPVM server IP address and credentials.
The following situations return errors:
- The database file path you specify in the efa fabric
import command is incorrect or the application cannot open the
- The connection to the TPVM (remote server) fails .
- The Fabric name you specify in the efa fabric import
command already exists, with devices added to it.
- The device credentials you specify in the efa fabric
import command are incorrect.
- You attempt to import a non-Clos Fabric.
If you specify a Fabric name of 'default' and the import fails, then the Fabric is
rolled back to its previous state.
The following are not supported:
- Devices that were not
configured through the Fabric you want to import.
- Devices that were configured
through the Fabric you want to import, but with firmware upgraded to SLX
20.1.1 or later (which offers a simplified MCT feature). Import fails if you
upgrade the firmware before importing. Import the Fabric and devices first
and then upgrade the SLX-OS firmware.