Considerations for Importing a Fabric Database
If the Fabric database file is available on the server where EFA is running, then you can import the file by providing the local file path. In this case, you do not need to provide the server IP address and credentials.
If the Fabric database file is available on the TPVM, then provide the database file path on the TPVM (for example, /var/efa/efa.db). In this case, provide the TPVM server IP address and credentials.
The following situations return errors:
- The database file path you specify in the efa fabric import command is incorrect or the application cannot open the database file.
- The connection to the TPVM (remote server) fails .
- The Fabric name you specify in the efa fabric import command already exists, with devices added to it.
- The device credentials you specify in the efa fabric import command are incorrect.
- You attempt to import a non-Clos Fabric.
If you specify a Fabric name of 'default' and the import fails, then the Fabric is rolled back to its previous state.
The following are not supported:
- Devices that were not configured through the Fabric you want to import.
- Devices that were configured through the Fabric you want to import, but with firmware upgraded to SLX 20.1.1 or later (which offers a simplified MCT feature). Import fails if you upgrade the firmware before importing. Import the Fabric and devices first and then upgrade the SLX-OS firmware.