SummitStack Numerical Ranges
On SummitStack switches, the port number is a combination of the slot
number and the port number.
The nomenclature for the port number is as follows: slot:port
For example, if there is a switch in slot 2 of the stack with a total of
four ports, the following ports are valid:
You can also use wildcard combinations (*) to specify port
The following wildcard combinations are allowed:
- slot:*—Specifies all ports on a particular switch in the
- slot:x-slot:y—Specifies a contiguous series of ports on a range
of switches in the stack.
- slot:x-y—Specifies a contiguous series of ports on a particular
switch in the stack.
- slota:x-slotb:y—Specifies a contiguous series of ports on a
SummitStack node and end on another node.
- Slot:Port:Channel—For ExtremeSwitching 5720 channelized ports. For
example, 2:49:4 maps to Slot 2, Port 49, Channel 4.