Replacing a Summit 770 W AC Power Supply
The Summit 770 W AC power supplies are compatible with the ExtremeSwitching X690 and X870 series switches.
NoteThe X690 and X870 models also can accommodate one or two 1100 W DC PSUs. For information on replacing those units, see Replacing a Summit 1100 W DC Power Supply. Bear in mind that you cannot combine power supplies of different wattages in the same switch.
These switches have two bays for hot-swappable power supplies. In a switch with a redundant power configuration, you can replace one Summit AC power supply without powering down the switch.
You need the following tools and materials to replace a Summit 770 W AC power supply:
- Thermal protective gloves
- AC power cord, if you will not be re-using the cord from the removed power supply
To replace a Summit 770 W AC power supply, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the AC power cord from the wall outlet and from the power supply.
- Note the orientation of the installed power supply, and the location of the latching tab at the right of the unit.
- Push the latching tab toward the power supply handle and pull outward on the handle to disengage the power supply internal connectors.
Carefully slide the power supply the rest of the
way out of the switch.
CautionPower supplies can become very hot during operation. Wear thermal protective gloves when you remove a power supply from an operating switch.
NoteIf you are not installing a replacement power supply, install a cover over the unoccupied power supply bay. Unoccupied bays must always be covered to maintain proper system ventilation and EMI levels.
- Verify that the replacement power supply is oriented the same way as the unit you removed, and has the same airflow direction.
- Carefully slide the power supply all the way into the power supply bay.
Push the power supply in until the latch snaps
CautionDo not slam the power supply into the switch.
Connect the power cord to the power supply and to
a grounded AC power outlet.
WarningAlways be sure that the source outlet is properly grounded before plugging the AC power cord into the AC power supply.
- If the power supply is equipped with a power cord retainer, use the retainer to secure the power cord to the power supply.