Summit X460-G2 (10G Models) Stack Configuration Guidelines
Before deploying a new stack with Summit X460-G2 10-gigabit switch models (10GE4), consider the following guidelines:
- In a stack that contains X460-G2 switches and other switch models, the X460-G2 switch might provide more memory and more features than the other switch models. Take this into account when you decide which switches will serve as the master and backup nodes, and when you configure failover operation.
- To use the failover feature in the stack, a second Summit X460-G2 switch is recommended. It must be the backup node.
- X460-G2 (10GE4) switches support SummitStack-V stacking on front panel 10G SFP+ ports, as well as native stacking through an attached VIM-2q or VIM-2ss module.
- Only the master and master-capable nodes require a license to support special features such as MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching).
- If the MPLS feature pack is installed on the master-capable nodes, the
following guidelines apply:
- Every switch in the stack must meet the software and hardware requirements listed in the Feature License Requirements document.
- Only the enhanced stacking protocol is supported for the X460-G2 switch. Every node that shares a stack with an X460-G2 switch must have enhanced stacking configured.
- We recommend against mixing X450-G2, X460-G2, and X670-G2 switches in a stack.
- Summit X460-G2 switches support multiple types of QSFP+ stacking cables for connection between VIM-2q ports and QSFP+ ports on other Summit switches. For information on which cables to use with each type of Summit family switch, see Selecting Stacking Cables.
- The last two front panel 10G ports are used for alternate stacking (SummitStack-V feature).
- VIM-2q ports are used for SummitStack-V160G stacking.
- VIM-2t ports are not used for stacking. These ports are used for user data.
- A VIM-2q module attached to an X460-G2 switch supports LR4 PSM in 40G mode.
- The X460-G2 switch supports the LR4 Parallel Single Mode (PSM) optical transceiver on 40G optical QSFP+ ports.
- The LR4 PSM is supported on the following platforms: X440-G2, X450-G2, X460-G2, X620, X670-G2.