Combining Switches from Different Series
- 40G mode (X460-G2 switches with VIM)
- SummitStack-V84 (X450-G2 switches)
V80 (supported in EXOS 30.1 and prior releases)
- For X440-G2 and X460-G2, SummitStack-V is available only on 10G models.
- For X450-G2, SummitStack-V is available only on 10G models. SummitStack-V84 is available only in stacks that consist entirely of X450-G2 switches.
- The X590 is not supported with ExtremeXOS version 30.1.
- The X670-G2-72x can stack only with SummitStack V using front panel 10G ports.
In a stack that has switch models from more than one series, we recommend that the stack master and backup nodes be from the same switch series. For example, if an X460-G2 switch is the stack master, the backup node should also be an X460-G2 switch. Refer to the list in Master/Backup Switch Redundancy.
Stack configuration, easy setup, and redundancy are fully described in the ExtremeXOS 30.7 User Guide .