Combining Different Types of Stacking Ports
Combining Stacking Port Types: Example shows an example stack configuration using the following switches: X440-G2, X450-G2, X460-G2, and X620.
NoteThe figure is intended to show cable connections between switches. Details of the switches themselves, such as the location of the stacking ports and fan modules, might differ from those of the switches that actually would be used.
The following cables are used to make the stacking connections:
- QSFP+ cable connecting the two switches at the top (slot 1 and slot 2)
- SFP+ cable connecting the switch in slot 2 with the switch in slot 3
- SFP+ cable connecting the switch in slot 3 with the switch in slot 4
- SFP+ cable connecting the switch in slot 4 with the switch in slot 5
- SFP+ cable connecting the switch in slot 5 with the switch in slot 1
Combining Stacking Port Types: Connections lists the recommended order for connecting the stacking ports in this example.
|Connect this slot and port . . .||. . . To this slot and port|
|Slot 1||Stack Port 2||Slot 2||Stack Port 1|
|Slot 2||Stack Port 2||Slot 3||Stack Port 1|
|Slot 3||Stack Port 2||Slot 4||Stack Port 1|
|Slot 4||Stack Port 2||Slot 5||Stack Port 1|
|Slot 5||Stack Port 2||Slot 1||Stack Port 1|