Replacing a Summit 350 W or 715 W AC Power Supply
The Summit 350 W AC power supplies are compatible with X460-G2 PoE switch models that have the same airflow direction as the power supply. Part number 10953 is compatible with the X465-24S, X465-24XE, and X465-48T model switches.
The Summit 715 W AC power supplies are compatible with the X450-G2, X460-G2, and X465 PoE series switches.
These switches have two bays for hot-swappable power supplies. In a switch with a redundant power configuration, you can replace one Summit AC power supply without powering down the switch.
You need the following tools and materials to replace a Summit 715 W AC power supply:
- Thermal protective gloves
- AC power cord, if you will not be re-using the cord from the removed power supply
To replace a Summit 350 W or 715 W AC power supply, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the AC power cord from the wall outlet and from the power supply.
- Note the orientation of the installed power supply, and the location of the latching tab at the right of the unit.
- Push the latching tab toward the power supply handle and pull outward on the handle to disengage the power supply internal connectors.
Carefully slide the power supply the rest of the
way out of the switch.
CautionPower supplies can become very hot during operation. Wear thermal protective gloves when you remove a power supply from an operating switch.
NoteIf you are not installing a replacement power supply, install a cover over the unoccupied power supply bay. Unoccupied bays must always be covered to maintain proper system ventilation and EMI levels.
- Verify that the replacement power supply is oriented the same way as the unit you removed, and has the same airflow direction.
- Carefully slide the power supply all the way into the power supply bay, as shown in Installing A Summit 350 W or 715 W AC Power Supply.
Push the power supply in until the latch snaps
CautionDo not slam the power supply into the switch.
Connect the power cord to the power supply and to
a grounded AC power outlet.
WarningAlways be sure that the source outlet is properly grounded before plugging the AC power cord into the AC power supply.
- If the power supply is equipped with a power cord retainer, use the retainer to secure the power cord to the power supply.