General Safety Precautions
Follow these guidelines:
- Do not try to lift objects that you think are too heavy for you.
- When you install equipment in a rack, load heavier devices in the lower half of the rack first to avoid making the rack top-heavy.
- Use only tools and equipment that are in perfect condition. Do not use equipment with visible damage.
- Route cables in a manner that prevents possible damage to the cables and avoids causing accidents, such as tripping.
- Do not place a monitor or other objects on top of the equipment. The chassis cover is not designed to support weight.
- To reduce the risk of fire, use only #26 AWG or larger telecommunications line cord. Use only copper conductors.
- Do not work on the system or connect or disconnect cables during periods of lightning activity.
- This equipment must be grounded. Never defeat the ground conductor or operate the equipment in the absence of a suitably installed ground conductor.