When you perform maintenance procedures on Extreme Networks equipment, follow these recommendations:
- Use only authorized accessories or components approved for use with this system. Failure to follow these instructions may damage the equipment or violate required safety and EMC regulations.
- This system contains no customer serviceable components. Do not attempt to repair a chassis, power supply, module, or other component. In the event of failure, return the defective unit to Extreme Networks for repair or replacement, unless otherwise instructed by an Extreme Networks representative.
- To remove power from the system, you must unplug all power cords from wall outlets. The power cord is the disconnect device to the main power source.
- Disconnect all power cords before working near power supplies, unless otherwise instructed by a product-specific maintenance procedure.
- Replace a power cord immediately if it shows any signs of damage.
- When you work with optical devices, power supplies, or other modular accessories, put on an ESD-preventive wrist strap to reduce the risk of electronic damage to the equipment. Connect the other end of the strap to an appropriate grounding point on the equipment rack or to an ESD jack on the chassis if one is provided. Leave the ESD-preventive wrist strap permanently attached to the equipment rack or chassis so that it is always available when you need to handle components that are sensitive to ESD.
- Install all cables in a manner that avoids strain. Use tie wraps or other strain relief devices.