Removing a 450 W or 550 W DC Power Supply
To remove an installed 450 W or 550 W DC power supply, follow these steps:
CautionThe DC power supply may be hot to the touch; use thermal protective gloves when handling the power supply during removal.
- De-energize the DC circuit.
- Disconnect the DC power cables:
- Pull the cover off the terminal block.
- Loosen the screws that secure the cable terminals to the terminal block.
- Slide the wires out from under the captive
WarningBe sure to disconnect all power cables before you disconnect the chassis ground wire.
Disconnect the ground wire as follows:
- Loosen the screw that secures the ground wire to the terminal block.
- Slide the wire out from under the captive washer.
- Note the orientation of the installed power supply.
- Push the latching tab toward the power supply handle and pull outward on the handle to disengage the power supply internal connectors.
- Carefully slide the power supply the rest of the way out of the switch.
If a replacement power supply will not be
installed, install a cover over the unoccupied power supply bay.
NoteUnoccupied power supply bays must always be covered to maintain proper system ventilation and EMI levels.