Considerations Before Installing
Consider the following items before you install equipment.
- For equipment designed to operate in a typical Telco environment
that is environmentally controlled, choose a site that has the following
- Temperature-controlled and humidity-controlled, such that the maximum ambient room temperature shall not exceed 50°C (122ºF).
- Clean and free from airborne materials that can conduct electricity.
- Well ventilated and away from sources of heat including direct sunlight.
- Away from sources of vibration or physical shock.
- Isolated from strong electromagnetic fields produced by electrical devices.
- For equipment designed to be installed in environments that are not environmentally controlled, such as outdoor enclosures, see the product data sheet or for environmental conditions, temperature, and humidity.
- Establish at least 3 inches clearance on all sides for effective ventilation. Do not obstruct the air intake vent on the front, side, or rear ventilation grills. Locate the system away from heat sources.
- Make sure that your equipment is placed in an area that accommodates the power consumption and component heat dissipation specifications.
- Make sure that your power supplies meet the site DC power or AC power requirements of all the network equipment.
- Racks for Extreme Networks equipment must be permanently attached to the floor. Failure to stabilize the rack can cause the rack to tip over when the equipment is removed for servicing.
- Do not operate the system unless all modules, faceplates, front
covers, and rear covers are in place. Blank faceplates and cover panels are required
for the following functions:
- Preventing exposure to hazardous voltages and currents inside the equipment
- Containing electromagnetic interference (EMI) that might disrupt other equipment
- Directing the flow of cooling air through the equipment
- Ultimate disposal of this product should be handled according to all national laws and regulations.