Installing an RPS-150XT Redundant Power Supply
You can install the RPS-150XT power supply on a flat surface or in a 19-inch rack in the three-slot modular shelf (STK-RPS-1005CH3), which is available for purchase separately.
CautionObserve all ESD precautions when handling sensitive electronic equipment.
Only qualified personnel should install redundant power supply (RPS) units.
Unpacking the RPS-150XT
To prevent electrostatic damage, attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) wrist strap to your wrist before handling the RPS-150XT.
Unpack the power supply as follows:
- Remove the packing material protecting the power supply.
- Perform a visual inspection of the power supply for any signs of physical damage. Contact Extreme Networks if there are any signs of damage.
The installation site must be within reach of the network cabling and meet the following requirements:
- Appropriate grounded power receptacles must be located within six feet of the site.
- A temperature of between 0°C (32°F) to 60°C (140°F) with fluctuations of less than 10°C (18°F) per hour must be maintained.
- A readily accessible disconnect device shall be incorporated into the building wiring.
A Phillips screwdriver and four rack screws (not supplied) are needed to install the RPS-150XT in a rack using the three-slot modular shelf.