Power Supply Requirements
Follow these recommendations when you plan power supply connections for your equipment:
- Place the equipment in an area that accommodates the power consumption and component heat dissipation specifications.
- Be sure that your power supply meets the site DC power or AC power requirements of the network equipment.
- When you connect power to installed equipment, do not make this connection through an extension cord or power strip.
- If your switch includes more than one power supply, connect
each power supply to a different, independent power source.
If a power source fails, it will affect only the switch power supply to which it is connected. If all switch power supplies are connected to a single power source, the entire switch is vulnerable to a power source failure.
- In regions that are susceptible to electrical storms, we recommend that you plug your system into a surge suppressor.
For detailed power specifications for your equipment, see "Technical Specifications."