Installing a V400 Virtual Port Extender
Before you begin
You need the following tools and materials to install a V400 Virtual Port Extender:
- ESD-preventive wrist strap
- #1 Phillips screwdriver (for clock module) or flat-bladed screwdriver (for all other VIM modules)
About this task
Your V400 Virtual Port Extender comes with two mounting brackets and screws for attaching them. Mount the equipment in a standard equipment rack, in either a front or mid-mount configuration, in the same way you would mount a switch.
To install a V400 Virtual Port Extender, follow these steps:
- Attach the mounting brackets to the sides of the port extender using four screws (included) for each bracket.
- Align the holes in the brackets with the rack post holes.
- Secure the port extender to each post with rack-mounting screws (not provided).
- Connect an AC power cord to the AC power input socket on the port extender and to an AC power outlet.
When power is connected, verify
that the SYS LED on the port extender turns green.
If the SYS LED does not turn green, verify that the power source is powered on and the connection was made properly.
Optionally, connect the port
extender to a redundant power source.
PoE models (V400-24p-10GE2 and V400-48p-10GE4) can be connected to the VX-RPS-1000 redundant power supply, using an AC power cord. For information about installing the VX-RPS-1000 unit, see Installing a VX-RPS-1000 Redundant Power Supply.