Connect DC Power Cables to an 1100 W DC Power Supply
About this task
The DC power connection at your facility must be made by a qualified electrician.
WarningAlways make sure that the DC circuit is de-energized before connecting or disconnecting the DC power cables on the 1100 W DC power supply.
CautionProvide proper connection and strain relief on the DC power cables in accordance with all local and national electrical codes.
To connect the DC power cables to the 1100 W DC power supply, follow these steps:
- Verify that the DC circuit is de-energized.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
- Verify that the ground wire is attached to the power supply.
- Insert a screwdriver into both slots on the top of the terminal connector and loosen the screws enough to accommodate a stripped power input cable.
Insert the DC power cables into the
- Slide the end of the positive wire (–48 V RTN) into the positive terminal (labeled +, on the left side of the connector).
- Tighten the screw on the top of the positive terminal connector to between 4.4 in‑lb (0.50 N m) and 7.1 in‑lb (0.8 N m).
- Slide the end of the negative wire (–48 V) into the negative terminal (labeled –, on the right side of the connector).
- Tighten the screw on the top of the negative terminal connector to between 4.4 in‑lb (0.50 N m) and 7.1 in‑lb (0.8 N m).
- Insert the connector into the slot on the power supply.
- Connect the cables to the DC source voltage, using hardware appropriate to the installation site and following local and national electrical codes.
- Energize the DC circuit.