Removing an STK-RPS-1005PS Redundant Power Supply
About this task
To remove an installed STK-RPS-1005PS that is attached to a switch, follow these steps.
CautionObserve all ESD precautions when handling sensitive electronic equipment.
NoteThe switch should not be powered on during installation or removal of the power supply. This is not a hot-swap procedure. Follow the steps in the order specified.
- Unplug the AC power cord from the AC power source first and then from the power supply.
- Disconnect the RPS cable from the Redundant Power Supply connector at the rear of the power supply.
- Disconnect the RPS cable from the Redundant Power Supply connector on the switch.
- If the power supply is installed in a rack, remove it
from the rack:
- Holding the power supply securely, remove the captive screws that secure it to the STK-RPS-1005CH3 shelf.
- Carefully slide the power supply out of the shelf.
- If you want to replace the power supply with another one, follow the instructions in Installing an STK-RPS-1005PS Redundant Power Supply.