Setting up the Wiring Closet
Be aware of the following recommendations for your wiring closet:
- Make sure that your system is easily accessible for installation and service. See Rack Specifications and Recommendations for more information.
- Use appropriate AC or DC power, power distribution, and grounding for your specific installation.
- Use a vinyl floor covering in your wiring closet. (Concrete floors accumulate dust, and carpets can cause static electricity.)
- Prevent unauthorized access to wiring closets by providing door locks. Install the equipment in a secured, enclosed, and restricted access location, ensuring that only qualified service personnel have access to the equipment.
- Provide adequate overhead lighting for easy maintenance.
- Be sure that each wiring closet has a suitable ground. All equipment racks and equipment installed in the closet should be grounded.
- Be sure that all system environmental requirements are met, such as ambient temperature and humidity.
NoteConsult an electrical contractor for commercial building and wiring specifications.