Connecting the Ground Wire to a 750 W DC Power Supply
About this task
Follow these steps to connect the ground wire to a 750 W DC power supply.
WarningBe sure to connect the chassis ground wire before you connect any power cables.
WarningBe sure to disconnect the ground wire after you disconnect all power cables.
- Verify that the DC circuit is de-energized.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
Connect the ground wire to the
grounding point on the power supply.
The grounding point is the middle of the three slots. Directly beneath it, you will see the international symbol for earth ground – – on the body of the switch.
Refer to Slots for Connecting Wires to the 750 W DC Power Supply for the slot location.
- Insert the stripped end of the ground wire all the way into the slot.
- Insert a #1 Phillips screwdriver into the hole below the slot, and tighten.
- Gently tug the ground wire to make sure it is fastened securely.
- Connect the other end of the wire to a known reliable earth ground point at your site.
When you have connected the ground wire, connect the power supply to the power source using the two input cables. Follow the instructions in Connecting a 750 W DC Power Supply to the Source Voltage.