Connecting the Ground Wire to a 450 W or 550 W DC Power Supply
To connect the ground wire to the 450 W or 550 W DC power supply:
WarningBe sure to connect the chassis ground wire before you connect any power cables.
- Verify that the DC circuit is de-energized.
- Pull the cover off the terminal block.
Identify the grounding point on
the front panel of the power supply.
See Connecting the Ground Wire.
1 = Grounding point 2 = Ground wire
Connect the ground wire to the grounding point as follows:
- Loosen the screw enough to allow the spade terminal to slide underneath the captive square washer (see Securing the Ground Wire).
- Slide the spade terminal of the ground wire under the captive square washer.
Tighten the screw to 7
in‑lb (0.79 N m).
- Connect the other end of the wire to a known reliable earth ground point at your site.
- Connect the switch to the DC power source. See the instructions in Connecting DC Power Cables to a 450 W or 550 W DC Power Supply.