Connecting the Ground Wire to a 300 W DC Power Supply
Follow these steps to connect the ground wire to a Summit 300 W DC power supply.
WarningBe sure to connect the chassis ground wire before you connect any power cables.
WarningBe sure to disconnect the ground wire after you disconnect all power cables.
- Verify that the DC circuit is de-energized.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
- Pull the cover off the terminal block.
- Identify the grounding point on the front panel of the power supply.
Connect the ground wire to the grounding point as
Insert a 6-32 UNC screw (provided) through
the ring terminal and into the grounding point on the power
See Connecting the Ground Wire (Front-to-Back Model 10933 Shown).
1 = Grounding point 2 = Ground wire
- Tighten the screw to 12.6 in‑lb (1.42 N m).
- Insert a 6-32 UNC screw (provided) through the ring terminal and into the grounding point on the power supply.
- Connect the other end of the wire to a known reliable earth ground point at your site.
- Connect the power supply to the source, following the instructions in Connecting a 300 W DC Power Supply to the Source Voltage.