Replacing a 750 W AC Power Supply
Before you begin
You need the following tools and materials to replace a 750 W AC power supply:
- Thermal protective gloves
- AC power cord, if you will not be
re-using the cord from the removed power supply
An AC power cord is not included with an AC power supply. You must obtain a power supply cord that meets the requirements listed in Power Cord Requirements for AC-Powered Switches and AC Power Supplies.
These switches have two bays for hot-swappable power supplies. In a switch with a redundant power configuration, you can replace one AC power supply without powering down the switch.
To replace a 750 W AC power supply, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the AC power cord from the wall outlet and from the power supply.
- Note the orientation of the installed power supply.
- Push the latching tab toward the power supply handle and pull outward on the handle to disengage the power supply internal connectors.
Carefully slide the power supply the rest of the
way out of the switch.
CautionPower supplies can become very hot during operation. Wear thermal protective gloves when you remove a power supply from an operating switch.
NoteIf you are not installing a replacement power supply, install a cover over the unoccupied power supply bay. Unoccupied bays must always be covered to maintain proper system ventilation and EMI levels.
- Verify that the replacement power supply is oriented the same way as the unit you removed.
- Carefully slide the power supply all the way into the power supply bay.
Push the power supply in until the latch snaps
CautionDo not slam the power supply into the switch.
- If necessary, slide the plastic cord retainer farther away from the back of the switch.
- Connect the AC power cord to the input connector.
- Open the clip and slip it over the barrel of the connector.
- Snap the clip firmly around the connector.
- Connect the other end of the power cord to an AC power outlet.