Install a V300 Virtual Port Extender Under or on a Table Surface
The following tools and materials are required to install a V300 Virtual Port Extender under a table:
- ESD-preventive wrist strap
- M3.5 #2 Phillips screwdriver (magnetic screwdriver recommended) for PoE model
- M4 #2 Phillips screwdriver (magnetic srewdriver recommended) for non-PoE models
Typical installation for the V300-8P-2T-W model include wall or table installations, in addition to VESA mounting.
For table surface or other flat surface installation, attach the rubber feet to the underside of the virtual port extender, then place the device to the table or flat surface:
There are several orientations for installtion under a table. To install a V300-8P-2T-W model under a table:
Attach the short mounting
brackets (included in kit) to the sides of the port extender using four screws
(included) for each bracket.
For non-PoE models, after
attaching short brackets and PSU bracket to the V300, attach the PSU(s) to the
PSU mounting bracket using two cable ties:
- Secure the port extender to to the underside of the table using the provided 4 wood screws and 4 anchors.
- When power is connected, verify that the SYS LED on the port extender turns green.