Installing a V300 Virtual Port Extender
Before you begin
The following installation instructions are applicable to the V300-8P-2T-W (PoE) model. The V300-8P-2X, V300-8T-2X, V300HT-8P-2X, and V300HT-8T-2X models will be referred to as non-PoE models from this point on.
You need the following tools and materials to install a V300 Virtual Port Extender:
- ESD-preventive wrist strap
- M3.5 or M4 #2 Phillips screwdriver (magnetic screwdriver recommended)
About this task
The V300 Virtual Port Extender comes with two mounting brackets and screws for attaching them. Mount the equipment in a standard equipment rack, in either a front-mount or mid-mount configuration, in the same way you would mount a switch.
To install a V300 Virtual Port Extender, follow these steps:
- Attach the mounting brackets to the sides of the port extender using four screws (included) for each bracket.
- Align the holes in the brackets with the rack post holes.
- Secure the port extender to each post with rack-mounting screws (not provided).
- Connect an AC power cord to the AC power input socket on the port extender and to an AC power outlet.
When power is connected, verify
that the SYS LED on the port extender turns green.
If the SYS LED does not turn green, verify that the power source is on and the connection was made properly.
- Optionally, connect the port extender to a redundant power source, depending on the model.
What to do next
The following mounting kits are available for non-PoE V300 models:
|Kit part number||Description|
|XN-2P-RMTKIT-1CS-001||Single rack mount kit|
|XN-2P-RMTKIT-2CS-001||Dual rack mount kit|
|XN-DIN-MT-001||DIN Rail mount kit|
|XN-MTKIT-CS-001||Replacement surface mount kit|
|XN-PS-MT-001||PSU mount kit|
For additional installation options, including non-PoE V300 Mounting Kit installation, see the following topics:
- Install a V300 Virtual Port Extender on a Wall
- Install a V300 Virtual Port Extender Under or on a Table Surface
- Install a V300 Virtual Port Extender in a VESA Mount
- Install a V300 in a Single Rack Mount
- Install a V300 in a Dual Rack Mount
- Install a V300 in a DIN Rail Mount
- Install a V300-8P-2T-W Model in a Single or Dual Rack Mount
- Installing a V300-8P-2T-W Model in a DIN Rail Mount