Removing a VX-RPS-1000 Redundant Power Supply
About this task
To remove an installed VX-RPS-1000 power supply that is attached to a V400 Virtual Port Extender, follow these steps.
CautionObserve all ESD precautions when handling sensitive electronic equipment.
- Unplug the AC power cord from the AC power source first and then from the power supply.
- Disconnect the power cable from the output socket at the rear of the power supply.
- Disconnect the power cable from the RPS input connector on the rear of the V400 unit..
Remove the power supply from the
- If the power supply is attached to the rack with mounting brackets, hold it securely and remove the screws that attach the brackets to the rack posts.
- If the power supply is installed on a shelf, loosen the two retaining screws and carefully slide the power supply out of the shelf..
- Place the power supply onto a sturdy flat surface.
- Optionally, remove the rack-mounting brackets from the power supply.
- If you want to replace the power supply with a new one, follow the instructions in Installing a VX-RPS-1000 Redundant Power Supply.