ExtremeSwitching X870-96x-8c Switch Ports and Slots
The front panel of the ExtremeSwitching X870-96x-8c switch includes:
- Eight 100-gigabit Ethernet ports capable of supporting passive copper QSFP28/QSFP+ and active fiber QSFP28/QSFP+ and configurable for 100 Gb, 40 Gb, 2x50 Gb, 4x25 Gb, and 4x10 Gb modes. For information about QSFP28 and QSFP+ optical modules, see the Extreme Networks Pluggable Transceivers Installation Guide.
- 24 100-gigabit Ethernet ports capable of supporting
passive copper QSFP28/QSFP+ and active fiber QSFP28/QSFP+ and restricted to 4x10 Gb
Using the optional Switch Port Speed License, these ports can be upgraded to unrestricted 100-gigabit mode in groups of six ports per license. Up to four Switch Port Speed Licenses can be applied for each X870-96x-8c switch.
- RJ45 Ethernet management port.
- USB port for access to external storage.
- USB console port.
- RJ45 RS-232c serial console port used to connect a terminal and perform local management.
- LEDs to indicate port status and switch operating conditions. For a description of the LEDs and their operation, see ExtremeSwitching X870 Series Switch LEDs.
|1 = Precision Timing ports (not supported)||4 = QSFP28/QSFP+ Ethernet ports|
|2 = Storage port: micro USB A||5 = Console port: RJ45|
|3 = Console port: micro USB B||6 = Ethernet management port: RJ45|
- Six replaceable fan modules.
- Two power supply bays for either AC or DC power supplies.
|1 = Grounding lug||3 = AC power supplies|
|2 = Fan modules|