Removing or Replacing an LRM/MACsec Adapter
About this task
Refer to Installing an LRM/MACsec Adapter for installation options for the LRM/MACsec Adapter.
NoteThe LRM/MACsec Adapter is hot-swappable.
To replace an LRM/MACsec Adapter or remove it from service, follow these steps:
- If a USB cable is used to supply power to the adapter, unplug the USB cable from the front of the adapter.
- Disconnect network cables or transceivers from the Link1 and Link2 slots on the front of the adapter.
- Disconnect the 50 cm SFP cables from the HostPort1 and HostPort2 slots on the front of the adapter.
- Carefully holding the adapter, loosen and remove the screws that secure the adapter to the rack posts or to the five-slot bracket.
- Remove the adapter.
- Install a new adapter using any of the installation options listed in Installing an LRM/MACsec Adapter.
Connect the new adapter to the
switch and to power, following the instructions in Connecting the LRM/MACsec Adapter to the Host Switch and to Power.
Connect the adapter to the host switch using only the SFP cable that is provided for this purpose. The use of other cables can damage the equipment.
- Reconnect network cables and transceivers to the Link1 and Link2 slots on the front of the new adapter.