Install a 750 W DC Power Supply
Before installing a 750 W DC power supply (part no. XN-DCPWR-750W-F or XN-DCPWR-750W-R):
- Verify that the switch chassis has been grounded (see Grounding the Switch Chassis).
- Verify that the airflow direction for the power supply is the same as the airflow direction of the installed fan modules in the switch.
To install the power supply, follow these steps:
CautionThe handle on the power supply is not designed to be used to lift or carry the power supply or the switch to which it is attached.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
- If necessary, remove a blank panel from the rear of the switch.
- Verify that the power supply is right side up.
- Carefully slide the power supply all the way into the power supply bay.
- Push the power supply in
until the latch snaps into place.
CautionDo not slam the power supply into the switch.
- To install a second power supply, repeat the procedure.