Connecting DC Power Cables to a 450 W or 550 W DC Power Supply
The DC power connection at your facility must be made by a qualified electrician.
WarningAlways make sure that the DC circuit is de-energized before connecting or disconnecting the DC power cables on the 450 W or 550 W DC power supply.
CautionProvide proper connection and strain relief on the DC power cables in accordance with all local and national electrical codes.
To connect the DC power cables to the 450 W or 550 W DC power supply, follow these steps:
- Verify that the DC circuit is de-energized.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
- Verify that the ground wire is attached to the power supply.
Connect the DC power input cables as follows:
- On each terminal, loosen the screw enough to allow the spade terminal to slide underneath the captive square washer (see Connecting the DC Power Cables: Part 1).
- Slide the spade terminal of the negative wire (–48 V) under the captive square washer on the negative terminal (labeled –).
Slide the spade terminal of the positive wire
(–48 V RTN) under the captive square washer on the positive terminal
Tighten both screws on the
terminal block to 7 in‑lb (0.79 N m), as shown in Connecting the DC Power Cables: Part 2.
- Snap the cover into place over the terminal block.
- Energize the DC circuit.