Installing up to Three VX-RPS-1000 Power Supplies on a Shelf
About this task
You can install up to three VX-RPS-1000 power supplies in the 3-Slot Modular Shelf (Part no. 18201). The shelf is mounted in a standard equipment rack.
CautionObserve all ESD precautions when handling sensitive electronic equipment.
CautionBefore rack-mounting the device, ensure that the rack can support it without compromising stability. Otherwise, personal injury and/or equipment damage may result.
To install the VX-RPS-1000 in the 3-slot shelf, follow these steps.
- Attach mounting brackets to the shelf, following the instructions included in the shelf packaging.
Attach the shelf to the rack,
using the screws provided, as shown in VX-RPS-1000 Shelf
Mounted in a Rack.
Slide a power supply into an
empty bay in the shelf, as shown in Inserting a
VX-RPS-1000 Power Supply into the Shelf.
- Tighten the two retaining screws until the power supply is firmly attached to the shelf.
- Connect a power cable (included with the power supply) to the output socket on the power supply and the RPS input connector on the rear of the V400 unit.
Connect an AC power cord (not
included) to the AC power input socket on the power supply and to an AC power
When power is connected, verify that the power supply‘s DC OK LED turns green. Verify that the port extender‘s PWR LED turns green.
- Secure the power supply to the shelf using two captive screws on the front panel of the power supply.
- Optionally, install additional power supplies on the shelf – up to three in all.