Removing an RPS-500p Redundant Power Supply
To remove an installed RPS-500p that is attached to a switch, follow these steps.
CautionObserve all ESD precautions when handling sensitive electronic equipment.
- Unplug the AC power cord from the AC power source first and then from the power supply.
- Disconnect the RPS cable from the Redundant Power Supply connector at the rear of the power supply.
- Disconnect the RPS cable from the Redundant Power Supply connector on the switch.
If the power supply is installed in a rack, remove
it from the rack:
- Holding the power supply securely, remove the screws that attach it to the rack rails.
- Place the power supply onto a sturdy flat surface.
- Optionally, remove the rack-mounting brackets from the power supply.
- If you want to replace the power supply with a new one, follow the instructions in Installing an RPS-500p Redundant Power Supply.