Replacing a Summit 300 W AC Power Supply
About this task
You need the following tools and materials to replace a Summit 300 W AC power supply:
Thermal protective gloves
AC power cord, if you will not be re-using the cord from the removed power supply
An AC power cord is not included with a Summit AC power supply. You must obtain a power supply cord that meets the requirements listed in Power Cord Requirements for AC-Powered Switches and AC Power Supplies.
These switches have two bays for hot-swappable power supplies. In a switch with a redundant power configuration, you can replace one Summit AC power supply without powering down the switch. To replace a Summit 300 W AC power supply:
- Disconnect the AC power cord from the wall outlet and from the power supply.
- Note the orientation of the installed power supply.
Push the latching tab toward the power supply
handle and pull outward on the handle to disengage the power supply internal
Carefully slide the power supply the rest of the
way out of the switch.
Power supplies can become very hot during operation. Wear thermal protective gloves when you remove a power supply from an operating switch.
If you are not installing a replacement power supply, install a cover over the unoccupied power supply bay. Unoccupied bays must always be covered to maintain proper system ventilation and EMI levels.
- Verify that the replacement power supply is oriented the same way as the unit you removed.
- Carefully slide the power supply all the way into the power supply bay.
Push the power supply in until the latch snaps
CautionDo not slam the power supply into the switch.
- Connect the AC power cord to the input connector on the power supply and rotate the wire clip into place over the power cord connector.
Connect the other end of the power cord to an AC
Always be sure that the source outlet is properly grounded before plugging the AC power cord into the AC power supply.