ExtremeSwitching X460-G2 Series Switches
The X460-G2 series switches provide 24 or 48 Ethernet ports that deliver high-density fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet connectivity using fixed BASE-T and BASE-X ports. In addition, some models offer either 24 or 48 PoE+ ports.
Ports 25-48 on the X460-G2-24t-24ht-10GE4 and X460-G2-24p-24hp-10GE4 models can operate in half-duplex mode. All other X460-G2 ports are full-duplex.
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-24t-GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-24t-10GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-24x-10GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-24p-GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-24p-10GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-48t-GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-48t-10GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-24t-24ht-10GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-48x-10GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-48p-10GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-24p-24hp-10GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-16mp-32p-10GE4 Switch Ports and Slots
Each base model is available with either front-to-back or back-to-front cooling. There is no operational difference between these switch versions.
A serial console port on the front panel of the X460-G2 series switch allows you to connect a terminal and perform local management. An Ethernet management port can be used to connect the system to a parallel management network for administration. Alternatively, you can use an Ethernet cable to connect this port directly to a laptop to view and locally manage the switch configuration. The Ethernet management port supports 10/100/1000 Mbps speeds.
Switch cooling is provided by a replaceable fan module. Fan modules are available in two different models that direct the airflow either from front to back or from back to front. Two power supply bays accommodate either AC or DC power supplies. Power supplies have integrated cooling fans that operate independently of the switch fan.
Like the fan module, the power supplies are available in models with either front-to-back or back-to-front cooling airflow. For more information about the power supplies used in the X460-G2 switches, see Replaceable Internal Power Supplies.
Power supplies and fan trays are ordered separately.
CautionAir must flow in the same direction for all installed fan modules and power supplies in a switch.
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-24t-24ht-10GE4
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-24p-24hp-10GE4
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2-16mp-32p-10GE4
All other X460-G2 switch models are compatible with ExtremeXOS version 220.127.116.11 or later, or version 21.1.1 or later.
Versatile Interface Module (VIM) Options for X460-G2 Series Switches
The following VIMs are available for X460-G2 series switches:
- VIM-2q Ethernet Module with 2x40G ports.
- VIM-2ss SummitStack Module
- VIM-2t Ethernet Module with 2x10GBASE-T ports.
- VIM-2x Ethernet Module with 2x10GSFP+ ports.
- TM-CLK Clock Module to support SyncE and 1588
You can form stacks with X460-G2 switches using some or all of these VIMs. However, not all VIMs support stacking on all X460-G2 switch models. For details, see X460-G2 Stacking.
X460-G2 switches offer Boundary Clock (BC), Transparent Clock (TC), and Ordinary Clock (OC) for synchronizing phase and frequency and allowing the network and the connected devices to be synchronized over Ethernet connections. Precision is +-2 nanoseconds (ns) with time accuracy +50 to -65 ns.
WarningThe switch must be powered off before you install any interface module options (VIMs or Clock Modules). The interface module options are not hot swappable.
NoteIf you do not plan to use the TM-CLK Clock Module, a grounding screw (16714) is available that can be inserted into the TM-CLK slot.
For more information on X460-G2 VIM and Clock module options, see Optional Ports for X460-G2 Switches.