Connecting the DC Power Cables to a +24 V Source
To connect the DC power cables for the 300 W Summit DC power supply (part no. 10933 or 10944) to a +24 V source, follow these steps:
- Verify that the DC circuit is de-energized.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
- Verify that the ground wire is attached to the power supply.
- Slide the cover off the terminal block.
Connect the DC power input cables as
- On each terminal, loosen the screw enough to allow the spade terminal to slide underneath the captive square washer.
- Slide the spade terminal of the negative wire (–24 V) under the captive square washer on the negative terminal (labeled –24 V).
- Slide the spade terminal of the positive wire (+24 V) under the captive square washer on the positive terminal (labeled +24 V).
Tighten both screws on
the terminal block to 15.9 in-lb (1.8 N-m) as shown in Connecting the
DC Power Cables: Part 2.
- Slide the cover into place over the terminal block.
- Energize the DC circuit.