Install a V300 Virtual Port Extender on a Wall
The following tools and materials are required to install a V300 Virtual Port Extender to a wall:
- ESD-preventive wrist strap
- M3.5 #2 Phillips screwdriver (magnetic screwdriver recommended)
- M4 #2 Phillips screwdriver (magnetic srewdriver recommended) for non-PoE models
NoteThe mounting surface, item, and hardware must be able to support the extender in all environmental conditions. The mounting surface must also be flat.
Typical installation for the V300-8P-2T-W model include wall or table installations, in addition to VESA mounting.
There are several orientations for installation on a wall. To install the V300-8P-2T-W model on a wall:
Attach the short brackets to
both sides of the extender
The orientation for wall mounting should be front panel facing down.Two short brackets attached to the extender by 4 wood screws and 4 anchors, provided in the accessory kit.
- Use the optional short bracket as a template and mark the holes to be used. Extreme recommends using 2 holes per short rack ear.
For non-PoE models, after
attaching the short brackets, attach the PSUs to the PSU mounting brackets using
two cable ties.
- Drill the holes and attach the bracket using the provdied woodscrews and anchors.
- Connect the LAN/Ethernet cables to the extender.
- When power is connected, verify that the SYS LED on the port extender turns green.