Installing a 300 W DC Power Supply
Before you begin
Before installing a Summit 300 W power supply (part no. 10933 or 10944):
- Verify that the switch chassis has been grounded.
- Verify that the airflow direction for the power supply is the same as the airflow direction of the installed fan modules in the switch.
About this task
To install the power supply, follow these steps:
CautionThe handle on the power supply is not designed to be used to lift or carry the power supply or the switch to which it is attached.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
If necessary, remove a blank panel from the rear of the
Verify that the power supply is
right side up.
The power supply should be oriented as shown in Installing a Summit 300 W DC Power Supply (Back-to-Front Model 10933 Shown).
Carefully slide the power
supply all the way into the power supply bay.
- Push the power supply in
until the latch snaps into place.
CautionDo not slam the power supply into the switch.
- To install a second power supply, repeat the procedure.
- Connect the ground wire, following the steps in Connecting the Ground Wire to a 300 W DC Power Supply.