Installing Half-Duplex to Full-Duplex Converters in a 3-Slot Modular Shelf
Refer to Installing a Half-Duplex to Full-Duplex Converter for installation options for the Half-Duplex to Full-Duplex Converter.
Before installing the converter in the 3-slot modular shelf (part no. STK-RPS-1005CH3), mount the shelf in the rack. Follow the steps in the 3-Slot Modular Shelf Quick Reference Guide.
To install up to three Half-Duplex to Full-Duplex Converter units in the 3-slot modular shelf, follow these steps:
- Attach the four rubber feet (included) to the bottom of the converter, one at each corner.
- Set the converter on the shelf.
- Connect the converter to its power adapter, following the instructions in Connecting a Half-Duplex to Full-Duplex Converter to its Power Adapter.
Secure the converter to the
shelf using cable ties (included with the shelf).
Pass the ties through the holes in the shelf and secure them firmly around the converter.
- Connect the full-duplex ports (FD1 - FD4) to the switch.
- Connect the half-duplex ports (HD1 - HD4) to your half-duplex devices.
- Install one or two additional Half-Duplex to Full-Duplex Converter units in the shelf, as described in steps 1 through 4.