Connect the Ground Wire to an 1100 W DC Power Supply
About this task
To connect the ground wire to the 1100 W DC power supply, follow these steps:
WarningBe sure to connect the ground wire before you connect any power cables to the power supply.
- Verify that the DC circuit is de-energized.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
- Identify the grounding post on the right side of the power supply, above the latching tab.
Connect the ground wire to the grounding post as
- Remove the nut from the grounding post.
Slide the ring terminal of the ground wire
onto the grounding post (callout 1 in Securing the Ground Wire).
- Screw the nut onto the grounding post (callout 2).
- Tighten the nut to 7 in‑lb (0.79 N m).
- Connect the other end of the wire to a known reliable earth ground point at your site.
- Connect the power supply to the DC power source. See the instructions in Connect DC Power Cables to an 1100 W DC Power Supply.